1. "Member" means a person who agrees to these terms and conditions and is entitled to use the game service.
2. "Game service" means all game services provided by the Company to members and all related services.
"Gameworld" means a variable virtual world in which game ability is implemented so that multiple members can enjoy entertainment according to specific rules (hereinafter referred to as "game rules") or use for leisure, socializing, and mediating information.
4. "Account (ID)" means a combination of letters, numbers or special characters selected by the member and assigned by the Company or affiliates for member identification and game service use.
5. "Account information" refers to information provided by members to the Company, such as a member's account, password, member number and external account information, device information, nickname, profile picture, friend list, etc., game usage information (character information, item, level, etc.), and payment information.
6. "Character" refers to game data that members select and control in accordance with the method provided by the Company within the game world for the use of game services.
7. "Password" refers to a combination of letters, numbers or special characters selected by the user and managed confidentially to confirm that they match the account given and to protect the information and rights of the user.
8. "Club Cash" refers to virtual data used to purchase game services, which members pay for and purchase and can be acquired within the game. At this time, Club Cash received for free within the game other than Club Cash purchased by the member is not subject to refund.
9. "Season Coins" are virtual data used to use or purchase game services and cannot be refunded as they have no property value set arbitrarily by the Company and are paid free of charge to members.
10. "Master Chips" are virtual data used for the use or purchase of specific game services and cannot be refunded as they have no property value set arbitrarily by the Company and are paid free of charge to members.
11. "Post" refers to all information consisting of text, document, picture, audio, video or a combination of these posted by a member while using the game service.
12. “Content” means all paid or free content (games and network services, club cash, season coins, game items, etc.) digitally produced by the Company to provide game services for online use.
1. Company and Representative Name
2. Business Address (Including where member complaints can be handled.)
3. Phone Number
4. Company Registration Number
5. Mail-Order Business Report Number
1. In the case where the terms and conditions specifically define the scope and amend the delegated matters
2. In the case of revising matters not related to the rights and obligations of members
3. In the case the content of the operating policy is not fundamentally different from the contents outlined in the terms and conditions and the member revises the operating policy within the predictable scope
1. In the case the application method and requirements are not met
2. In the case of using the service through an irregular or indirect method in a country where the Company does not provide the service
3. In the case of applying for use to commit an illegal act prohibited by relevant laws in the Game Industry Promotion Act
4. In the case of an application to hinder social well-being, public order or morals
5. In the case of using the game service for fraudulent purposes
6. In the case of using the game service to gain profit
7. In the case of the acceptance being deemed inappropriate for other reasons corresponding to each subparagraph
1. In the case where there is no room for the Company's facilities, difficulty in supporting specific devices, or technical problems
2. In the case of a service obstruction, usage fee transaction or payment method failure
3. In the case it is deemed difficult to accept the application for use due to reasons corresponding to other subparagraphs
1. Entering false facts when applying for use or changing member information
2. Buying, selling, renting, donating, securing rights or transferring virtual assets (ID, character, item, game money, etc.) to third parties through services not provided by the Company or through irregular means
3. Posting, disclosing or sending e-mails by impersonating an employee or operator of the Company or stealing someone else's name
4. Pretending to be someone else or falsely specifying a relationship with another person
5. Purchasing paid content by stealing another person's credit card, wired/wireless phone number, bank account, etc.
6. Illegally using another member's ID and password
7. Inducing or engaging in speculative acts such as gambling
8. Exchanging posts of obscene or vulgar information or connecting (linking) to offensive sites
9. Posting or disclosing words, texts, pictures or videos that cause shame or disgust or cause violence and fear toward others
10. Using game services for purposes other than initially intended, such as profit, business, advertising, PR, political activities, and election campaigns
11. Promoting unauthorized reproduction, distribution or commercial use of information obtained by using game services
12. Using the service by exploiting known or unknown bugs
13. Deceiving others to gain an advantage or cause harm to others
14. Infringement of intellectual property rights or portrait rights of the Company or others
15. Actions that damage the Company or others or damage their reputation
16. Intentionally transmitting, posting, distributing or using data (computer programs) that are prohibited from being shared or posted by law or virus programs designed to interfere with or destroy the regular operation of computer software hardware or telecommunications equipment
17. Other acts that violate related laws or go against good customs and other social norms
1. Member's account, character, guild, and other names used in the game
2. How to use the bulletin board and services
3. Restrictions on gameplay methods
1. When necessary for maintenance, replacement, regular inspection of information and communication facilities such as computers, or modification of game contents or game services
2. When it is necessary to respond to electronic security incidents such as hacking, telecommunication accidents, abnormal game usage behavior of members, and unexpected instability of game services
3. When the provision of game services is prohibited at a specific time or method under the relevant laws and regulations
4. When regular game services cannot be provided due to natural disasters, emergencies, power outages, failure of service facilities or excessive use of services
5. When significant management is needed for the Company, such as for a company division, merger, transfer of business, discontinuation of business, deterioration of profits of the relevant game service, etc.
1. Company Name
2. Game Title
3. Usage Rating
4. Rating Classification Number
5. Production Date
6. Registration number of the game product manufacturer or distributor
7. Other matters deemed necessary by the Company
1. Members who apply for paid services must pay the game service fee.
2. Members who have applied for the use of paid services must pay for the game service using the method provided by the Company.
1. The use, modification, and editing of user content. (They can be reproduced, distributed, and used for public announcements, performances, transmissions, broadcasts, and creating secondary works. There are no restrictions on the period and region of use.)
2. Do not sell, rent, or transfer user content for profit without the prior consent of the creator.
1. Reasons for termination
2. Date of termination
1. Restriction of certain rights of characters: Restrict certain rights of characters for a certain period
2. Restriction on use of characters: Restriction on using member characters for a certain period or permanently
3. Restrictions on account use: Restricting the use of member accounts for a certain period or permanently
4. Member restrictions: Restrict members' use of game services for a certain period or permanently
1. When a legitimate report is received that the account has been hacked or stolen
2. When suspected of using a restricted program or being part of an illegal workshop
3. When provisional measures for the use of services are necessary for other reasons corresponding to each subparagraph
1. Reasons for restriction of use
2. Type and duration of restriction of use
3. How to file an objection against the restriction of use